I will admit right off the hop here that I was not a political believer in Jack Layton. His leanings to my mind are a little bit left of what I personally believe the Canadian public can afford right now.
OK, disclaimer done.
Other than his beliefs, I LOVED Jack Layton, he took the political stage by storm like no one since dare I say Pierre. He grabbed voters by the scruff and woke them up, with his cane and dashing good looks.
Today’ s Canadian capital hill crowd in Ottawa is vanilla by comparison. Just take a look at Steven Harper, ya the PM tries to get on stage but nothing can compare to Jack and Olivia taking care of business.
A born politician Jack had a great right wing to call on early, yet he chose the left wing. His own family having great membership to call upon, yet he followed a higher calling.
Would I vote for Jack, probably not. But would I sit and have not one beer but a case with the man and invite my friends, you bet your ass Jack.
To Jack Layton, not just a man, but an idea.
Hip hip, to Jack.
And to the NDP you had THE JACK!
Much love to parties of all stripes on this sad day.
- Canadian NDP leader Jack Layton dies of cancer Jack Layton, dead… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- RIP, Jack Layton (boingboing.net)
- Jack Layton, Canadian Leader of the Opposition, Dead at 61 (treehugger.com)
- Death of Jack Layton RIP (politics.ie)
- Jack Layton, a passionate man (mylifeontheelist.wordpress.com)
- Jack Layton 1950-2011 (macleans.ca)
- RIP Jack Layton (news.icanhascheezburger.com)
- Remembering Jack Layton (macleans.ca)